Thursday, October 8, 2015

September Favorites



September was a wonderful month. I spent most of it traveling through Europe with my boyfriend. We had the best time! I knew we would be walking a ton and that I needed to pack light, so I took a break from running while we were gone. Because of this, there is a slight travel theme to the list, but hopefully you enjoy it!



These sport beans are super yummy and convenient. They come in a resealable package, which is great for packing on a long run. I found mine at REI, but the link above directs you to Amazon.

Ezekiel 4:9 Rasin Bread 

This bread toasted with some peanut butter or Nuttzo has become my go-to pre run meal.  I found it at Trader Joe's and I am not sure what took me so long to discover it! 

Foot Rubz Massage Ball 

I discovered the Foot Rubz massage ball at REI, and I am so happy that I did! I try to use it before and after every run. I even brought it with me on our trip and used it after long days of walking.

The third stop on our trip: Florence, Italy 

21 Day Fix Program 

Strength training is an important component to training for any race, and I really struggle with it.  I just want to run! :) I am always trying to find new ways to motivate myself to pick up weights, and I noticed one of my friends posting about the 21 Day Fix workout program on Facebook. After talking with her about it, I bought the program. The workouts are only 30 minutes and I am sore after each one. Best of all, you can do them at home with minimal equipment. I will do another post about how I incorporate this program into my running routine. If you have any questions about this program or want more information, please feel free to comment below or send me an e-mail. 

Before I packed for our trip, I watched tons of YouTube videos to get some tips and tricks (also, great for procrastinating!). I discovered these packing cubes on Pretty Neat Living's blog.  These cubes are so handy for organizing, as well as for unpacking and re-packing quickly. Also, the double-sided cube was great for securing my dirty clothes and making sure that nothing became smelly (TMI sorry). The link above is for Amazon, but I found mine at REI. 


These shoes were a lifesaver on our trip! They are light, breathable, supportive, and sturdy. 


These are an every month favorite. If you have a sensitive stomach and like the taste of ginger, I highly recommend these. I always have some at my desk, in my purse, and in my kitchen. They were also great for traveling. I can get motion sick on planes and these saved the day. I found mine at Whole Foods, but you can also find them online on Thrive Market's website.


All of Simple's products are great if, like me, you have sensitive skin. This product is especially soothing. I like to use it as a makeup remover before I cleanse my face at night, but when I am tired and/or lazy it can be used as both a makeup remover and cleanser in one! The link above is for ULTA, but I found my bottle at Fred Meyer. 


Before our trip, I purchased Tarte's Rain Forest After Dark eye and cheek palette. It has everything I use all in one place. It was the only makeup (besides foundation and mascara) I brought and needed while we were traveling. I may buy another Tarte pallet sometime soon. 

Downtown by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis 

This is my current favorite running and anytime pump-up song! Also, the video features an appearance by one of my favorite baseball players. So many favorites in one place :)



What were some of your favorites from the last month? 

- Alyssa 

The companies mentioned did not send me any of these products and this post is not sponsored in any way. I will always tell you if a post is sponsored or if a company sent me a product to review. I will always tell you my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment