Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Running Necessities



The following gear and products are my necessities for a great a run! 

A Fitted Pair of Running Shoes 

The running shoes I currently switch between are the Nike Air Zoom Structure 18 (narrow) and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15.  I think that a pair of running shoes that fit your feet and support your natural gait is the best investment you can make. The best way to find the proper shoe is to go to your local running store and have them fit you for a shoe. Usually, they will have you try several different shoes, and they will watch you run and/or walk to make sure the shoe supports you properly. To read more about proper shoe fit check out this article in Runner's World. 

Tune Belt Sport Armband for iPhone & Headphones

I like to run with my iPhone, and I prefer to have it on my arm for easy access. The Tune Belt Sport Armband is the best armband I have tried. It fits my phone well, does not slip down my arm, and has a handy clip/velcro flap for containing headphone cords. 

Thin Running Socks 

This is a new necessity for me. I used to run in whatever socks were clean and I often purchased the cheapest athletic socks I could find at Target or Fred Meyer. Or, if I did splurge on a pair of athletic socks, I would pick the cushiest and softest pair available. After suffering from blistered feet and toes after every long run, I decided I needed to change up my sock routine. When I was fit for my last pair of running shoes, the saleswoman recommended Feetures ultra thin socks. I bought a pair and now I cannot go back. I have been blister free (knock on wood) since running in these socks. I also have had great success with Nike's lightweight running socks.


Headband and/or Hat

To keep my hair out of my face and off my neck, I always use a thin headband when I run. The headbands that I currently wear I got for free through Fabletics VIP rewards program. But, one of my best friends gave me a set of North Face headbands for my birthday that I am really excited to try out :). 
I almost always run with a lightweight hat to keep the sun and/or rain out of my eyes. My current favorite is this one from Brooks. Side note, Fabletics is one of my favorite online spots for workout gear and lounging clothes. Click here to get your first outfit for $25!

Spotify 

I love to listen music while I run. I have created a pretty great (in my opinion) running mix on Spotify. I also like discovering new running or workout songs through Popsugar or Tone it Up's channels and playlists.


Nike +

I always use this running app to track my distance and speed. I like this app because it tracks the total miles I have run per month and tracks the miles I have accumulated on a particular pair of shoes. It also allows me to share photos from my run.


On a totally random note, the whole time I was writing this post I could not stop humming Bare Necessities from the Jungle Book.



Then after listening to Bare Necessities and watching the above video, I got really excited for the new Jungle Book!



What are some of your running or workout necessities? Also, what movies do you want to see this Fall?

Thanks for stopping by,
Alyssa 

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog! I think you might even inspire me to try running :) perfect timing with our long fall/winter days haha

    ReplyDelete