Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekly Update: Dec. 14 - 20


Happy Monday and almost Christmas!! Yay! :) I hope everyone has fun plans with family and/or friends for the week. The past week I did a lot of Christmas shopping, decorating, and some baking.

As for training, I ran 16 miles total and tried to focus on strength and flexibility. My nutrition and eating has been all over the place. So much yummy holiday food! I have little to no willpower when it comes to abstaining from cookies... nom nom nom. 

Monday 

Plank workout from Popsugar Fitness and a 4 mile easy run. I also made lasagna for dinner (click here for the recipe). That night, I watched the New York Giants on Monday Night Football and ate way too much lasagna and bread.


Tuesday 

Lower fix and love your arms and abs workout by Tone it Up. That evening I toured a gym near my house.
 I fell in love with it! It has everything I am looking for and it is within walking distance. So, I signed up!  Thank you to everyone who gave me advice (via text, Instagram, and blog comments) on whether, to join a gym! It was all super helpful.

Wednesday 

5 mile easy run and I added some push-ups and sit-ups at the end.


I really need to work on my running selfie skills!
But, here is my attempt :)
That evening I went to my parents' house for dinner and then we picked out our Christmas tree. We are always super late to get our tree. It is part of our family tradition haha. We had to go to two different places to find a tree (the first place was already out of trees) But, I really like the one we found. :)


Thursday 

I attended a barre 3 class. I purchased a three class pass, and this was my third. Fortunately, my new gym offers barre classes so I can still go.


That night my boyfriend and I, as well as many of our friends, went to the 10:20pm showing of Star Wars. Such a great movie! I loved everything about it!

Friday 

3.5 mile run and quick full body workout from the Tone it Up weekly schedule.

We did not get home from Star Wars until about 1:30 a.m. So when I first woke up I was so groggy and absolutely did not want to workout or run outside. But, I forced myself out of bed and into my running shoes. I felt much better once I was done and after the coffee I felt even better :)

Saturday 

Rest. My knees were feeling really stiff. They did not hurt when I ran or walked, but hurt/seized up whenever I went from sitting to standing or vice-versa. So I decided to take it really easy. I did some yoga and foam rolled for about 40 minutes.


I followed this video from Yoga With Adriene's YouTube channel. I really love Yoga With Adriene. Her videos are all great and she has the best sense of humor. I always feel super relaxed after finishing.

Later that day, my boyfriend and I met his parents and family for lunch. Then, I went to my parents' house and I helped my mom decorate our tree and house. After decorating, my dad and I made our favorite Christmas/holiday treat. Recipe coming soon. They are super easy and delicious.

Sunday 

3.5 mile easy run with my pup and a core workout from Popsugar Fitness.  Then my boyfriend and I met my parents for brunch at a local bar where we all could watch the Giants v. Panthers game. It was such a good game and SO close. But, the Giants ultimately lost. :/ The Seahawks won and clinched a playoff spot, so that was exciting!! Also, my 



I am not going to run next week. I will take spin class, complete strength training workouts, and rest. My knees are still really sore, and I want to give them some time to heal.  Also, with the holidays, I will be pretty busy and probably will not have much time to run/workout. I am sure I will be back running by Sunday because I cannot stay away too long.


What are your plans for the holidays? Did anyone else see Star Wars?

Any advice for sore, achey knees?

I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas week!

Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by!
--Alyssa
@runninginteralia  

No comments:

Post a Comment