Friday, December 4, 2015

November Favorites



In November I ran 123.2 miles including a MARATHON! It was a busy and exciting month. Below is a list of some of the things that kept me going and that helped me recover.  

Erin Condren Life Planner 

I love pretty stationary and organizing tools. I ordered this planner back in October, but I did not really get into a system or routine with it until November. It's beautifully designed and provides plenty of space to write all of your events and to-dos. Also, it comes with a lot of fun little extras like stickers and a notepad. To check it out click here.





Lululemon Brushed Speed Tights

I purchased these tights right before the Seattle Marathon. They are brushed on the inside for a little extra warmth and have lots of pockets. The side pockets are my favorite spot to store Gu packets. Like all Lulu gear, these tights are really flattering and excellent quality. 


Nike Rain Runner Jacket 

I have had the same running rain jacket for many years and this fall it finally gave out. It is a great wind-resistant layer, but does not keep me dry at all. As a runner in Seattle, this was not okay. I purchased the Nike Rain Runner jacket on Amazon. It is lightweight and completely waterproof. I took it for a 13 mile test run in the wind and rain and it kept me perfectly dry!

Toaster Waffles 

I ate at least four packs of whole wheat toaster waffles in November. I usually always eat oatmeal before a long run, but for some reason oatmeal started upsetting my stomach. So, I switched to toaster waffles with peanut butter and honey. For whatever reason, my stomach problems ended. Hooray waffles!

Long Run 'Cocktail' 

I have talked about this drink before in previous posts, but before you get excited, this is not an actual cocktail! I call it a cocktail because it makes me feel more exciting and classy when I am drinking it ;).  I drink this after nearly every run, especially every long run. This "cocktail" is tart cherry juice mixed with either sparkling water or ginger beer. I usually fill a 16 ounce cup with about 3/4 cherry juice, 1/4 sparkling water/ginger beer (you can adjust these proportions to your taste preference). It is delicious and the antioxidants in cherry juice help with muscle recovery. To read more about tart cherries and recovery here, here, and here

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue 

On Sephora's website this product is described as "a versatile gel cream that combines skincare benefits and naturally radiant coverage in one." I have oily/combination skin and this product is super moisturizing but does not make my skin too oily or dewy. It is a very light coverage, but it is great for natural, everyday use.

Hand Cream 

When the weather gets colder my hands get really, really dry. They crack and bleed. It's gross and no fun at all. So I have to layer on tons of hand cream. I love L'Occitane shey butter hand cream. It is kind of pricey, but a little tube lasts forever and this stuff WORKS!

My New Crock Pot & Tuscan Kale & White Bean Stew

I have wanted a crockpot for a long time! I finally bought one that I found on sale at Fred Meyer. The next day I made the Tuscan Kale and White Bean Stew from Tone It Up's nutrition plan. If you have the plan, I added a little Old Bay seasoning to the recipe. If you don't have the plan, it is an amazing investment. Anyways, the stew was delicious and boyfriend approved!


Snow Flora Soy Candle in Basalm & Cedar from Anthropologie 

Candles are my favorite home accessory. I think that they are great decorations and make a room feel really cozy. This candle smells amazing and it is decorated for winter. Plus, when I bought it, it was on sale -- hooray!

Masters of None 




A friend of mine told me about this show. I loved Aziz Ansari on Parks and Recreation and his stand up is hilarious, so I gave it a shot! I fell in love with the show and I liked that it was only half an hour. If you need a new show, I highly recommend this one! 

Fell in the Sun - Big Grams 

My favorite new running song! (Warning, it has some explicit language -- AKA don't listen to it at work without headphones).



What did you love in November? Let me know in the comments below. 

Thanks for stopping by!
--Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment